Join this exclusive National Geographic Day Tour in Dubai for a fascinating blend of culinary exploration and cultural immersion. The tour is designed to leave you with a profound appreciation for Emirati gastronomy, traditions, and the importance of preserving the local heritage. The first stop is a leisurely guided walking tour through Dubai’s charming souks. Explore vibrant stalls adorned with exotic spices and fresh produce. Learn how to pick high-quality, locally sourced ingredients for authentic Emirati cooking, as you engage with the vendors. Next, we’ll visit Al Khayma Heritage House, a renowned museum-restaurant. As you step inside this historical gem, you’ll receive a warm welcome from the staff. Wander through the building and marvel at the original decor and artifacts which narrate the tales of Dubai’s illustrious past. Inhale the tempting scents of Luqaimat – a delightful sweet treat – along with the aroma of Arabic coffee and bread. After enjoying some local snacks, get ready for a hands-on culinary workshop, supervised by talented local chefs who reveal the well-kept secrets of Emirati cuisine. Roll up your sleeves and master traditional recipes, harnessing the region’s unique flavors. You will then get to feast on the dishes you prepared, as you enjoy an exclusive musical performance by local artists. Receive a tangible souvenir in the form of a recipe postcard to take home as a memento of the tour.
Nat Geo Day Tour: Taste of Tradition, Exploring Emirati Cuisine
- Learn about the history, customs, and traditions of Emirati food, blending culinary exploration with cultural immersion
- Explore the vibrant local market, discovering Emirati cooking ingredients and hearing the stories of local vendors
- Take part in a hands-on culinary workshop and grasp authentic Emirati cooking techniques to craft mouthwatering dishes of your own. Receive a tangible souvenir in the form of a recipe booklet to take home as a memento of the tour
- Feast on the dishes you prepared as you enjoy an exclusive musical performance by local artists
Based on our commitment to sustainable tourism, all National Geographic Day Tours meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council criteria, and a portion of the proceeds from these tours goes back to the National Geographic Society to fund research and sustainable programs around the world.
- Entrance fees
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned coach
- Food tasting
- Afternoon tea
- Live music
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tips (optional)
- this tour is not recommended for infants
- luggage or large bags and smoking indoors are not allowed on this tour
Know in advance:
- in winter tours will start at 2.30pm
- in summer tours will start at 4.30pm
- minimum number to operate this tour is 2 guests
What people say about this experience
At the moment there are no reviews for this experience.
Explore the fascinating culture and tradition of pearl diving in Dubai and understand its historical and cultural significance for the UAE.
Delve into Emirati cuisine on this culinary tour. Shop for ingredients at a local market, engage in a cooking class, and watch a musical performance.
Set off on an aromatic adventure into Emirati Perfumery. Learn about the significance of fragrances like oud, and create your own perfume with skilled guidance.